Productive Ways to Use Your Time
In order to lead a healthy and positive life, one must engage in positive activities. For people struggling with the many stressors that life throws our way, there are other things to keep our positive focus. The following is a list of ways to utilize your time productively:
- Listen to music. Music can put you in a great mood. Avoid music that makes you feel sad or angry.
- Watch TV. It’s ok to be a couch potato sometimes. This is a great time to catch up on shows that you missed.
- Read. It could be the newest magazine to hit stands or a steamy romance novel. Engaging in reading not only helps pass time but it stimulates the mind and increases your vocabulary.
- Play a game. This could include a crossword puzzle, solitaire, cards, or checkers.
- Create a new recipe/cook for your family. If you like to cook this is a great for you. This is also a great time to bond with your family.
- Exercise. Exercising is good for your mind, body, and is a great way to boost energy…and pass time.
- Take a bubble bath/aroma therapy bath. This is a great way to relax.
- Call and speak to a long distance friend or family member.
- Clean up your house. This is the best time to get caught up on some house chores, such as laundry.
- Make a list of things that you want to do before you die. This may sound a little morbid, but this can be a really fun activity. Think of all the places you want to visit and different foods you want to try. Get those cognitive juices flowing!
*For more information and more ideas of ways to spend you down time go to: